The hype is real! People are loving Fenty Beauty and everything it represents. This cruelty-free brand is conceptualized and created by founder Rihanna (Robyn Fenty) the stunning, down to earth, uber talented, wildly successful, world renowned pop star from Barbados. Everything she does is always a success and this carries forward in her beauty line.
INCLUSIVITY. In the real world with all the beautiful shades of people, Fenty has raised the bar. In its first launch it blew all other brands out the water with 40 shades of foundation, highlight (stick & powder form) & contours (stick form) to suit every skintone, a universal lip gloss and blotting powder, blot sheets, face brushes and a foundation primer.
There have always been brands on the market with extensive shade ranges for everyone, (MAC, Bobbi Brown, Nars, YSL, Loreal, Maybelline to mention a few) however, Fenty was commended because it came out with an all inclusive range from it’s very first launch and nailed the foundation shades.
Everything got rave reviews. Fenty had some other launches after it’s initial success of its first. A limited edition holiday collection, including lipsticks and an eyeshadow palette and more recently adding to its permanent range, matte lipsticks, lip glosses and a liquid lipstick in a signature universal red.
I usually wait for hype to die down to determine whether I really want or need something. I had my eyes on the Killa Watt Freestyle Highlighter “Hu$tla Baby”, the Universal Gloss Gloss Bomb “Fenty Glow” & Stunna Lip Paint in “Uncensored”. I decided against the liquid lip since I rarely wear those formulas due to my very dried lips most of the time (an issue I’ve come to accept). So it was just the highlight & lip gloss for me.
I was browsing on http://www.sephora.com with no intention of purchasing when I came across a wonderful little duo. The highlight & lip gloss in a mini size sold together. How perfect! I had not tried nor swatched these before, I had only seen reviews online, so I thought the minis would be perfect to try out! At USD $23 plus tax for the duo it was a good deal. So here we go.
Bomb Baby Mini Lip and Face Set
Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer “Fenty Glow”- 0.18 oz/ 5.5 mL
- BEAUTIFUL SHADE – shimmering rose nude shade with tiny flecks of gold shimmer. Not glittery and very flattering on all skin tones. Super glossy & rich finish.
- VERY SMOOTH formula. Glides on like butter. Ultra hydrating, long lasting, weightless, wears off beautifully, doesn’t dry up on lips.
- DECADENT SCENT – a fresh-updated-fruity scent that’s pleasant but doesn’t overwhelm.
- STURDY, LUXE PACKAGING that looks and feels durable. Thick wand that makes application easy & feels good in the hand. They didn’t skimp on luxury just because this duo is a mini. You get the same, high quality luxe packaging which I really appreciate. Nothing is compromised except the amount of product when compared to the full size.
- WORTH THE MONEY – with an $18 dollar price tag for the original size I would repurchase this gloss again.
- TRAVEL FRIENDLY – the size is perfect for on-the-go touch ups and travel. Easily fits in pockets and small clutch purses.
- GREAT VALUE – I love the price for this duo especially if you’re unsure and don’t want to commit to the full size until you try it.
Killa Watt Freestyle Highlighter “Hu$tla Baby” – 0.07 oz/ 2.2 g
- PIGMENTED highlight with a peachy, champagne gold finish.
- SMOOTH formula that slides on easily, no chunky glitter.
- STUDY PACKAGING – nice sized mirror and generous amount of product
- MULTI FUNCTIONAL – this can be used on cheekbones, collar bones & my favourite – eyes. This is a gorgeous shade as eyeshadow & I have a particular obsession with gold on my eyelids.
- TRAVEL FRIENDLY – the size is perfect for on-the-go touch ups and travel. Easily fits in pockets and small clutch purses. Don’t let the amount fool you. 2.2 grams is still a lot of product. Most highlights or blushes are standard at 5 grams and think about the last time you used one up completely.
- GREAT VALUE – I love the price for this duo especially if you’re unsure and don’t want to commit to the full size.
I would easily recommend these products and this brand in general. I love the quality, packaging, presentation and I support everything Fenty Beauty stands for. Everyone should be able to look to a brand and see something that suits them that they can love and repurchase. It speaks volumes when a founder and company understand that. A+ Fenty Beauty!
Did you get anything from Fenty Beauty? Drop your favourites in the comments below!
Love & Light x