Divya Amarnani Noel was born and raised on the Caribbean island of Grenada and is of East Indian descent. Her parents are from Chennai and Delhi. Her upbringing was heavily influenced by her Indian culture but she strongly identifies with her Caribbean culture as well.
Divya completed her primary, secondary and tertiary education in Grenada and attained a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from St. George’s University. She also holds a diploma in Makeup Artistry from from College of Make Up Art in Toronto, Canada. The course taught her all disciplines of makeup artistry including prosthetic, film and television and special effects makeup. She lived and worked in Canada for 3 years where her primary job was at MAC cosmetics for 1 year. She has been a professional freelance makeup artist for the past 12 years. She is passionate about her culture, makeup, skincare, travel, Indian Cinema (Bollywood), blogging, art, history and theology.
Divya currently manages her parents’ retail/wholesale business which has been established and in operation since the 1970’s. It is located in the heart of the city in St. George’s, Grenada. This is her full time job.
Divya is also a blogger/content creator and her blog is filled with personal stories, skincare advice and travel diaries.
Thanks for visiting my blog!
I have included a FAQ section to answer any questions you may have. I hope you enjoy my content! 🙂 xo
- What religion do you belong to? I am Hindu
- Do you practice your religion? I am more of a spiritual person but I do strongly identify with being Hindu.
- How old are you? I’m in my 30’s
- Where did you go to school? All of my schooling, primary, secondary & tertiary were done in Grenada. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from St. George’s University & a Diploma in Professional Makeup Artistry from College of Makeup Art & Design in Toronto, Canada.
- Are you a makeup artist? Yes I am a professional, certified makeup artist specializing in production & bridal makeup.
- Why skincare? I have been suffering with acne in recent years & I have become passionate about skincare. I want to help others going through the same issues as I am.
- What’s your alcoholic beverage of choice: Gin & Tonic
- What is your favourite genre of movie? I LOVE Bollywood movies (Indian Cinema) and I pretty much watch every single genre that exists with it. For Hollywood I love drama, psychological thrillers, war themes, romantic comedies and movies adapted from novels.
- Favourite colour: I love wearing black but I accessorize with pink, teal and turquoise.
- Eating lifestyle: I’ve recently become pescatarian